From 2 PM Friday, Jan 20 - 10:00 PM CST Monday, Jan 23, ni.com will be undergoing system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption. We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.
I2C and SPI Interface
- Compatible with Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000
- I2C master interface with clock rates up to 3.33 MHz
- SPI master interface with clock rates up to 50 MHz
- Stream API optimized for exercising and validating analog-to-digital converters (ADCs)
- High-level API for NI LabVIEW, NI LabWindows™/CVI, and Microsoft Visual C/C++ 6.0
- 8 general-purpose digital I/O lines
The NI USB-8452 is an interface for connecting to and communicating with I2C and SPI devices. With plug-and-play USB connectivity, the USB-8452 is a bus-powered, portable solution to communicate with consumer electronics and integrated circuits. It also includes eight general-purpose digital I/O lines for a variety of applications, such as configuring the address of I2C devices, toggling LEDs, or strobing Convert and Data Ready lines common to analog converter chips.
You can physically place the USB-8452 more closely than PCI interfaces to I2C/SPI devices, which reduces I2C bus length and minimizes noise problems. Additionally, the interface provides
+5 V and GND to power circuits up to 20 mA with no external power supply. The I/O lines and Vref pins feature configurable voltage levels, ranging from 1.2 V to 3.3 V.
The mark LabWindows is used under a license from Microsoft Corporation. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Additional Product Information