- Chassis can hold 1, 4, or 8 C Series modules with USB, Ethernet, or 802.11 Wi-Fi connectivity
- Add some of the over 50 NI C Series modules to form a complete system
- 4 general-purpose 32-bit counter/timers built into chassis (access through a digital module)
- Stream continuous waveform measurements with patented NI Signal Streaming technology
- Run up to 7 hardware-timed analog I/O, digital I/O, or counter/timer operations simultaneously
- Measure in minutes with NI-DAQmx software and automatic code generation using the DAQ Assistant
A complete NI CompactDAQ system requires both a chassis and NI C Series modules. The sensor or signal is conditioned and digitized within the module, and the chassis controls the timing and data throughput for the whole system. The system timing controller is located in the NI CompactDAQ chassis, which enables the synchronization of all modules installed in a single chassis. Each NI CompactDAQ chassis also contains four general-purpose counter chips that you can access by installing any of the hardware-timed (8-channel) digital I/O modules.
The 8-slot chassis have two external BNC connections for the routing of clocks and triggers to and from a single NI CompactDAQ system. These connections have a bandwidth limit of 1 MHz. Use digital C Series modules for higher bandwidth requirements.
Modules are available for a variety of sensor measurements including thermocouples, RTDs, strain gages, load and pressure transducers, torque cells, accelerometers, flow meters, and microphones.
NI-DAQmx driver software is shipped with every chassis and includes the following:
- LabVIEW SignalExpress LE for simple data-logging applications
- API for LabVIEW, ANSI C/C++, C#, and Visual Basic .NET
- DAQ Assistant code generation for NI LabVIEW, LabWindows™/CVI, and Measurement Studio
- Example programs for all supported languages
- NI Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) for system configuration and test
The mark LabWindows is used under a license from Microsoft Corporation. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.