- 4- or 8-slot Ethernet expansion chassis for C Series modules
- Add distributed monitoring and control to any Ethernet network
- Directly access C Series I/O from Windows PCs or LabVIEW Real-Time controllers
- Onboard Xilinx FPGA for custom timing, onboard processing, and control
- Network fail-safe for increased reliability
- Industrial ratings: -40 to 70 °C operating temperature, 50 g shock, 5 g vibration
NI Ethernet reconfigurable I/O (RIO) rugged expansion chassis help you add FPGA-enabled I/O to any Ethernet network. With flexible Ethernet connectivity, you can add industrial, signal-conditioned I/O to any NI CompactRIO controller, PXI controller, industrial controller, or Windows PC on the network. A simplified software experience delivers access to your I/O through the NI RIO Scan Interface or the user-programmable FPGA. These systems are ideal for distributed control and monitoring applications for which flexibility and ease of use are important.
NI Ethernet RIO chassis offer a simplified software experience directly out of the box. You do not need the NI LabVIEW Real-Time Module for access to C Series I/O from a Windows-based system. If you want to access C Series I/O through the RIO Scan Interface, then the LabVIEW FPGA Module is not required.
These chassis use hot-swappable C Series modules to interface with I/O. Featuring more than 100 NI and third-party modules, the C Series platform provides integrated signal conditioning and direct sensor connectivity, making the chassis an efficient solution for large mixed I/O systems and eliminating the need for external custom circuitry and wiring.
For low-level access to I/O timing, triggering, and onboard processing, you can use the LabVIEW FPGA Module to program the onboard Xilinx field-programmable gate array (FPGA) without having any prior experience in FPGA digital design. This FPGA offers reliable high-speed I/O, highly customizable timing, and advanced processing algorithms for your high-speed control applications.