- Works with single-chip modules up to 4x20 or cascaded to 4x40 characters
- NI LabVIEW FPGA and LabVIEW Real-Time API provided
- Requires LabVIEW FPGA-enabled target with 8 or 12 digital I/O lines
- Scalable implementation for 1 or more displays connected in parallel
- Compatibility with both 4- and 8-bit data bus displays
- Supported in LabVIEW 2010 and later
This code library includes NI LabVIEW FPGA code for a communication engine to HD44780-based character LCDs. The driver supports APIs from both the LabVIEW Real-Time and LabVIEW FPGA modules to the communication engine. The HD44780 command set is common across the majority of character LCD modules.
This driver uses field-programmable gate array (FPGA) digital I/O lines to communicate with LCD modules. Depending on the display bus width, the driver needs 8 or 12 FPGA digital I/O lines. NI Single-Board RIO, NI R Series multifunction reconfigurable I/O (RIO), and NI CompactRIO (with NI 9403 module) hardware work with this driver.
Disclaimer: This driver is not currently supported and is provided as is.
Additional Product Information
Reviews are typically processed within 48 hours. If you believe a review is incorrect or inappropriate, please report abuse to email@example.com
Verified Reviewers have submitted an email address to RateVoice.com