- Direct PC control of PXI Express systems
- Software-transparent link that requires no programming
- Sustained throughput up to 838 MB/s
- Fiber-optic or copper cabling
- 100 m maximum separation with fiber-optic cabling
Using National Instruments MXI remote control kits, you control your PXI Express system directly from a PC with a transparent, high-speed link that requires no programming. With MXI, you can take advantage of the latest high-performance, low-cost desktop PCs for control of your PXI Express system.
The MXI link consists of a PCI Express board in your computer and a PXI Express module in slot 1 of your PXI system, connected by a copper or fiber-optic cable. In addition, you can use a MXI configuration to build multichassis PXI systems for high-channel-count applications.
NI offers a wide variety of remote control products ranging from low cost to high performance. NI also offers MXI remote controllers that use fiber-optic cables, so you can create electrical isolation between your PC and the PXI Express system and achieve extended physical separation.