From 2 PM Friday, Jan 20 - 10:00 PM CST Monday, Jan 23, ni.com will be undergoing system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption. We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.
NI Real-Time Execution Trace Toolkit
- This toolkit is now included in the LabVIEW Real-Time Module.
- Interactively analyze and benchmark thread and VI execution
- Create execution traces for LabVIEW Real-Time and LabWindows™/CVI Real-Time applications
- Optimize performance by identifying memory allocation, sleep spans, and resource contention
- Send trace sessions to host computer or save to local file
- Print trace sessions for documentation and code reviews
- Toolkit has limited functionality on NI Linux Real-Time supported targets
This toolkit is now included in the LabVIEW Real-Time Module.
The NI Real-Time Execution Trace Toolkit is an interactive tool for analyzing and verifying NI LabVIEW Real-Time and NI LabWindows/CVI Real-Time code execution. With minimal modifications to your embedded code, these tools graphically show multithreaded code execution while highlighting thread swaps, mutexes, and memory allocation. This information helps you optimize the real-time code for faster control loops and more deterministic performance.
You can use this toolkit to verify code execution on all LabVIEW Real-Time targets including PXI controllers, NI CompactRIO and NI Single-Board RIO systems, and standard PCs. Note that on NI Linux Real-Time supported targets this toolkit provides less detailed information.
This toolkit software is available on the LabVIEW Platform DVD. You can install the toolkit from the DVD even if you have not purchased it to evaluate the software for 30 days.
You can optionally purchase the Real-Time Execution Trace Toolkit as part of an NI Developer Suite bundle. By ordering multiple pieces of software together through NI Developer Suite, you can save money over purchasing each component separately. Note that the Real-Time Execution Trace Toolkit is included with the NI Developer Suite LabVIEW Real-Time Deployment Option.
The mark LabWindows is used under a license from Microsoft Corporation. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
For information on System Requirements, see the Resources tab.
Additional Product Information