- Up to 16 Mbit/s data rates
- 16 RS485-/RS422-compatible channels
- Programmable FPGA provides deterministic control of digital communication
- Half or full duplex
- 100 Ω terminated or no termination options
The NI 6584R instrument offers customized, bit-level access to RS485/RS422. With the combination of the NI 6584 adapter module and an NI FlexRIO field-programmable gate array (FPGA) module, you can implement customized RS485/RS422 protocols or real-time analysis on the FPGA.
The NI 6584R is available in both half- and full-duplex options. The half-duplex instrument shares TX and RX pairs, so you can transmit or receive individually on that channel. The full-duplex instrument, on the other hand, has separate TX and RX pairs, so you can transmit and receive simultaneously.
System Assurance Programs
Reduce your setup time and total cost of ownership, and get a system you can use out of the box with National Instruments system assurance programs. System assurance programs include:
- Installation and integration test of all individual hardware
- Courtesy installation of system driver sets and application development environments
- Extended warranty and calibration coverage for up to five years
- Custom documentation plus a custom restore and startup utility
This service is only available for PXI, NI CompactRIO, and NI Compact FieldPoint systems.
National Instruments designs and manufactures all products to minimize failures, however unexpected failures can still occur. Extended warranties provide a fixed economical price at the time of system purchase, covering any repair costs for up to three years. In addition, they offer the following benefits:
- Significant cost savings compared to individual repair incidents
- Fault location, diagnostics, and repair by NI any time the system product fails
- All parts and labor costs covered as well as any adjustments needed to restore the hardware to manufacturing specifications
For more information about your warranty options:
NI recognizes the need to maintain properly calibrated devices for high-accuracy measurements. NI provides manual calibration procedures, services to recalibrate your products, and automated calibration software to calibrate many NI measurement products.
NI training is the fastest, most certain route to productivity with NI tools and successful application development.
Return your registered product under warranty at no additional labor and parts cost. NI offers fault location, diagnostics, and repair any time the system fails as well as any adjustments needed to restore the hardware to manufacturing specifications.