- Compatibility with LabVIEW Real-Time 8.5 and later
- Included graphical networking Configurator software
- Supported services: DPV0 Master Class 1/2, DPV0 Slave
- Onboard processor and flash memory for reliable network performance
- PROFIBUS DP RS485 baud rates from 9600 bits/s to 12000 kbits/s
The NI CompactRIO programmable automation controller (PAC) is a low-cost, reconfigurable control and acquisition system designed for applications that require high performance and reliability. The system combines an open embedded architecture with small size, extreme ruggedness, and hot-swappable industrial I/O and communication modules. NI Single-Board RIO devices are low-cost embedded deployment solutions based on CompactRIO. CompactRIO and NI Single-Board RIO are both powered by reconfigurable I/O (RIO) field-programmable gate array (FPGA) technology.
PROFIBUS DP communication works with the CompactRIO and NI Single-Board RIO platform via one-port PROFIBUS C Series modules. NI offers two versions of these modules: master/slave and slave only. NI C Series modules connect directly to RIO FPGA devices to create high-performance embedded systems that deliver the optimization and flexibility of a custom electrical circuit completely dedicated to your input/output application. RIO FPGA hardware provides unlimited options for timing, triggering, synchronization, and sensor-level signal processing and decision making.