- Processors with up to 800 MHz clock rates
- Available with dual Ethernet for web-ready communication and expansion I/O
- Full-Speed and Hi-Speed USB host port for USB-based storage media
- User-upgradable backplane contains reconfigurable FPGA for custom timing, triggering, and processing
- Up to -40 to 70 °C operating temperature range
- Conformal coating available for even higher levels of reliability and ruggedness
Ultra rugged NI CompactRIO systems offer a high level of performance and flexibility. They combine a powerful real-time controller with a user-upgradable backplane that includes powerful field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) for custom timing, triggering, and processing of I/O. With 50 g shock ratings and a wide -40 to 70 °C operating temperature on some models, these are the most rugged CompactRIO systems and are ideal for automotive, industrial automation, and advanced control applications. The controllers are also available with conformal coating options for an even higher level of ruggedness.