- High-performance 8- and 16-port serial interfaces for PCI Express
- High-speed DMA interface minimizes CPU overhead, 128 B transmit and receive FIFOs
- Compatible with Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000, LabVIEW Real-Time
- NI-Serial driver includes free NI-VISA API for easy programming
- Flexible baud rates up to 3 Mbits/s for RS485/422 and 1 Mbit/s for RS232
NI PCI Express high-performance, multiport serial interfaces are designed for high-speed communication with RS232 and RS485/422 devices. As part of the NI 843x serial family, NI PCIe-843x interfaces offer flexible baud rates for data transmissions between 2 bits/s and 1 Mbit/s for RS232 and 3 Mbits/s for RS485/422. NI 843x serial interfaces are accurate to within 1.3 percent for nonstandard baud rates and 0.5 percent for standard baud rates.
NI 843x serial interfaces feature high-performance DMA transfers, multithreading, and multiprocessor support. Unlike traditional interrupt-based serial interfaces, you can use multiple NI serial interfaces to communicate with dozens of ports at high rates effortlessly in a single system with minimal CPU usage. The included NI-VISA API simplifies serial programming in NI LabVIEW and other languages and keeps your code portable among all VISA-compatible interfaces. NI serial interfaces also show up as standard COM ports for compatibility with programs that use serial communications.