- Programmable with the NI LabVIEW Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) Module
- Wirelessly download graphical code to run on distributed measurement nodes
- Customize behavior to extend battery life, increase performance, perform local control and analysis
- Battery-powered by 4 AA cells, delivering up to 3-year lifetime
- Direct sensor connectivity
- Industrial ratings: -40 to 70 °C operating temperature, 50 g shock, 5 g vibration
National Instruments wireless sensor network (WSN) measurement nodes offer low-power, reliable operation for long-term, distributed deployments. The measurement nodes have direct sensor connectivity and a 2.4 GHz radio to wirelessly transmit data to the WSN gateway. Each measurement node offers four analog input channels and up to four digital I/O channels that you can program for event detection or local control. NI-WSN software delivers easy network configuration in NI Measurement & Automation Explorer and data extraction with LabVIEW software.
With the LabVIEW Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) Module, you can use graphical programming to customize the node’s behavior, adding intelligence to extend battery life; increase analog and digital input performance; perform local control, analysis, and data reduction; and interface with custom sensors. You can download LabVIEW WSN applications wirelessly to NI WSN measurement nodes, allowing seamless updates to deployed nodes.
A low-power processor delivers operation and control of the measurement nodes. You can power the nodes with four 1.5 V, AA alkaline battery cells, with operation up to three years on battery power, or you can externally power them with a VDC supply. You can connect eight end nodes (star topology) or up to 36 measurement nodes (mesh topology) to a single WSN gateway, with outdoor range up to 300 m with line of sight.