From 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM CST on Saturday, April 29, ni.com will be undergoing system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption. We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.
2.53 GHz Dual-Core PXI Express Embedded Controller
- Not recommended for new designs. NI recommends the PXIe-8840.
- Life-cycle status: Mature with a last-time-buy date of December 31, 2016
- 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 dual-core processor
- Up to 1 GB/s system bandwidth and 250 MB/s slot bandwidth
- 1 GB (1 x 1 GB DIMM) 800 MHz DDR2 RAM standard, 4 GB maximum
- 10/100/1000BASE-TX (Gigabit) Ethernet, ExpressCard/34, 4 Hi-Speed USB, GPIB, serial, and other I/O
Configure Complete PXI System
View Support Resources
Not recommended for new designs. NI recommends the PXIe-8840.
The PXIe-8108 is a high-performance Intel Core 2 Duo T9400-based embedded controller for use in PXI Express and CompactPCI Express systems. With its 2.53 GHz dual-core processor, 800 MHz DDR2 memory, and 6 MB of L2 cache, the PXIe-8108 is ideal for modular instrumentation and data acquisition applications.
Dual-core processors have two cores, or computing engines, located in one physical package. Dual-core processors can simultaneously execute two computing tasks, which is advantageous in multitasking environments, such as Windows XP, where multiple applications are running simultaneously. Two applications can each access a separate processor core at the same time, which improves overall performance. Also, dual-core processors are ideal for applications with multithreading, such as LabVIEW software, which gives an application the ability to separate tasks into individual threads. A dual-core processor can simultaneously execute two of these threads.
Additional Product Information