- Battery-powered by 4 AA cells, delivering up to a 3-year lifetime
- LabVIEW integration and NI-WSN software deliver easy network configuration and data extraction
- Options for programmable and nonprogrammable nodes
- Programmable nodes include a license to target and program nodes with the LabVIEW WSN Module Pioneer
- Industrial ratings: -40 to 70 °C operating temperature, 50 g shock, 5 g vibration
- Direct sensor connectivity and mesh routing capabilities
NI wireless sensor network (WSN) measurement nodes offer low-power, reliable operation for long-term, distributed deployments. The measurement nodes feature direct sensor connectivity and a 2.4 GHz radio to wirelessly transmit data to the WSN gateway. Each measurement node provides four analog input channels and up to four digital I/O channels that you can configure for input, sinking output, sourcing output, or even programattic control.
A low-power microprocessor delivers operation and control of the measurement nodes. You can power the nodes with four 1.5 V, AA alkaline cells for up to three years of operation on battery power, or you can externally power them with a DC supply. Up to eight end nodes (star topology) or 36 measurement nodes (in a mesh topology) can connect to a single WSN gateway, with outdoor range up to 300 m with line of sight.
NI-WSN software delivers easy network configuration with the NI Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) utility and data extraction with NI LabVIEW software. You can customize the behavior of the programmable NI WSN measurement nodes using the LabVIEW Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) Module Pioneer to create simple node intelligence that extends battery life, interfaces with sensors, achieves higher analog input rates, and responds to digital value change events.