- Battery-powered by 4 AA cells, delivering up to a 3-year lifetime
- LabVIEW integration and NI-WSN software offer easy network configuration and data extraction
- Industrial ratings: -40 to 70 °C operating temperature, 50 g shock, 5 g vibration
- Direct sensor connectivity
- Mesh routing capabilities
NI wireless sensor network (WSN) measurement nodes offer low-power, reliable operation for long-term, distributed deployments. The measurement nodes have direct sensor connectivity and a 2.4 GHz radio to wirelessly transmit data to the WSN gateway. Each measurement node offers four analog input channels and up to four digital I/O channels that you can configure for value change detection or programmatic control. NI-WSN software provides easy network configuration with NI Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) and data extraction with NI LabVIEW software.
A low-power microprocessor delivers operation and control of the measurement nodes. You can power the nodes with four 1.5 V, AA alkaline cells for operation up to three years on battery power, or you can externally power the nodes with a DC supply. You can connect 8 WSN end nodes (star topology) or up to 36 WSN nodes (mesh topology) to a single WSN gateway, with outdoor range up to 300 m.