- 100 MHz maximum clock rate
- 54 single-ended digital I/O channels
- Selectable voltages of 1.8, 2.5, and 3.3 V or external reference voltage (1.8 to 5.5 V)
- User-defined triggering, timing, and onboard decision making with 25 ns resolution
- High performance Virtex-5 based Xilinx FPGAs for parallel hardware processing power
- Up to 128 MB of onboard memory and high-speed DMA data streaming
- Requires NI FlexRIO FPGA module
The NI PXI-6581R is a 100 MHz digital instrument built on the NI FlexRIO platform. It features 54 single-ended digital channels. You can configure the instrument for 1.8, 2.5, 3.3, or 5 V (TTL) logic. You can also use an external source as a voltage reference by connecting the external source to the front panel connector.
The PXI-6581R consists of the NI 6581 adapter module and an NI PXI-795x field-programmable gate array (FPGA) module for NI FlexRIO. The NI FlexRIO FPGA module features a user-programmable FPGA chip for onboard processing and flexible I/O operation. Using NI LabVIEW graphical block diagrams and the LabVIEW FPGA Module, you can configure all the digital functionality. Your block diagram executes in hardware, giving you complete control over all digital I/O signals for applications such as:
-Custom protocol emulation and testing
-Custom onboard signal processing
You can use this instrument with the NI-RIO driver and LabVIEW FPGA for not only high-speed digital acquisition and generation but also hardware-implemented signal processing and control.
This product requires the LabVIEW FPGA Module 8.5.1 and NI-RIO 2.4 or later driver software.
New Virtex-5 FPGA
The new Virtex-5 FPGA architecture is optimized to execute faster and more efficiently using single-cycle timed loops in LabVIEW FPGA. This means you can optimize more LabVIEW FPGA code to fit within Virtex-5 FPGAs and execute more operations per clock cycle.
System Assurance Programs
Reduce your setup time and total cost of ownership, and get a system you can use out of the box with National Instruments system assurance programs. System assurance programs include:
- Installation and integration test of all individual hardware
- Courtesy installation of system driver sets and application development environments
- Extended warranty and calibration coverage for up to five years
- Custom documentation plus a custom restore and startup utility
This service is only available for PXI, NI CompactRIO, and NI Compact FieldPoint systems.
National Instruments designs and manufactures all products to minimize failures, however unexpected failures can still occur. Extended warranties provide a fixed economical price at the time of system purchase, covering any repair costs for up to three years. In addition, they offer the following benefits:
- Significant cost savings compared to individual repair incidents
- Fault location, diagnostics, and repair by NI any time the system product fails
- All parts and labor costs covered as well as any adjustments needed to restore the hardware to manufacturing specifications
For more information about your warranty options:
NI recognizes the need to maintain properly calibrated devices for high-accuracy measurements. NI provides manual calibration procedures, services to recalibrate your products, and automated calibration software to calibrate many NI measurement products.
NI training is the fastest, most certain route to productivity with NI tools and successful application development.
Return your registered product under warranty at no additional labor and parts cost. NI offers fault location, diagnostics, and repair any time the system fails as well as any adjustments needed to restore the hardware to manufacturing specifications.
Additional Product Information