- 5 V TTL/CMOS low-cost digital I/O
- 30 V bank-isolated digital I/O with 24 V logic levels
- 60 V channel-to-channel isolated digital inputs and solid-state relay outputs
- 150 V channel-to-channel digital inputs and mechanical relay outputs
- Industrial feature set including change detection, power-up states, filters, and watchdog timers
- Jumper-free configuration and superior software integration with NI-DAQmx driver software
Industrial applications often involve requirements beyond the capabilities of a typical measurement device. For example, many industrial sensors and actuators require 24 V logic levels and may operate at different voltage potentials that can cause ground loops. Safety for the measurement or control system and safety for the user or operator are equally important. With voltage levels up to 150 V, high current drive, and isolation, NI industrial digital I/O devices can connect directly to a wide array of industrial pumps, valves, motors, and other sensors/actuators while providing a high degree of safety and reliability.
These low-cost devices are ideal for industrial control and manufacturing test systems such as factory automation, embedded machine control, and production line verification. Furthermore, NI industrial digital I/O devices deliver a high-reliability industrial feature set designed to automate even the most demanding applications:
- Isolation reduces noise, offers an extended voltage range, and protects hardware for direct connection to industrial sensors and actuators.
- Programmable power-up states provide a known initialized state for safe operation when connected to pumps, motors, and other industrial actuators or machinery.
- Digital I/O watchdogs provide a fail-safe mechanism that monitors for computer or application crashes and place the system in a state to ensure safe recovery.
- Change detection automatically triggers your application to perform a digital read operation after a change of state event on a digital line with minimal processor usage.
- Programmable input filters remove chatter, noise, glitches, and spikes on inputs, and provide debouncing for digital switches and relays.
- Industrial certifications from CE, FCC, C-Tick, UL, and VDE ensure EMI compliance in most regions of the world and certify that the system is safe to operate in hazardous environments.
For more information on the industrial feature set and digital I/O in general, refer to the related links below.