- Up to eight 32-bit counter/timers with 80 MHz max timebase
- Programmable digital debounce filters and glitch removal
- Optional oscillator with 75 ppb stability timebase for high-precision measurements
- Up to 48 VDC channel-to-channel isolation for industrial applications
- NI-DAQmx software support for LabVIEW, ANSI C/C++, C#, Visual Basic .NET and Visual Basic 6.0
NI counter/timer devices use the National Instruments NI-TIO ASIC, designed specifically to meet the counting and timing requirements of measurement applications that are beyond the capabilities of generic, off-the-shelf counter/timer components.
Counter/timer devices provide a variety of measurement solutions, including measuring a number of time-related quantities, counting events or totalizing, and monitoring position with quadrature encoders. Counter/timer devices feature up to eight 32-bit counters and often fulfill critical timing and synchronization functions as components of complex measurement systems. Use counter/timers for:
- Frequency measurement
- Edge or event counting (totalizing)
- Pulse-width measurement
- Event timestamps
- Frequency generation
- Frequency shift-keying (FSK)
- Frequency division
- Pulse-train generation and pulse-width modulation (PWM)
The NI-DAQmx driver goes far beyond a basic DAQ driver to deliver increased productivity and performance. A single-programming interface provides analog input, analog ouput, digital I/O, and counter/timer functionality for hundreds of DAQ hardware devices. The same API also supports NI LabVIEW, NI LabWindows/CVI, ANSI C/C++, C#, Visual Basic .NET, and Visual Studio 6.0. Included with NI-DAQmx is the Measurement & Automation Explorer configuration utility, providing easy-to-use, jumper-free configuration for all NI counter/timer devices.