- 1, 2, and 4 ports
- DTE and DCE transceiver modes with automatic transceiver detection
- Handle RTS/CTS hardware handshake lines
- 128 B transmit and receive FIFOs
- Accept 5, 6, 7, or 8 data bits
- NI-Serial device driver works with NI-VISA for easy development
NI USB-232 and USB-485 interfaces transform USB ports into asynchronous serial ports for communication with serial instruments. They are available in either 1-, 2-, or 4-port models and use standard RS232, RS422, or RS485 communications. All models are shipped with NI-Serial driver software for Windows. You can install and use the USB-232 and USB-485 as standard serial ports from your existing applications or with applications written with NI-VISA.