- Works with DHCP for automatic or manual IP assignment
- Compatible with standard PC serial port
- 460 kb/s maximum transfer rate
- NI-Serial device driver works with NI-VISA for easy development
- NI-SDS driver software for Windows 2000/NT/XP
- LabVIEW Real-Time compatibility for deterministic control
National Instruments Ethernet serial interface device servers areasynchronous serial interfaces for communicating with serial devices. Interfaces are available with up to four ports and work with Windows 2000/NT/XP. You can install and use these Ethernet-to-serial boxes as standard serial ports from your application. NI Serial Ethernet products work with LabVIEW Real-Time for deterministic control, which makes it possible to add serial ports to Compact FieldPoint or FieldPoint systems. Other compatible development environments are LabWindows/CVI, Measurement Studio, Visual Basic, Visual C++, and Excel. All interfaces include an enhanced serial driver and RS485 interfaces offer an advanced transceiver control mode.