- 1.5 MB/s maximum transfer rates using IEEE 488.1 handshake
- Built-in IEEE 488.1-compliant transceivers
- 32 B FIFO that buffers data between GPIB and CPU/DMA controllers
- 8 MB/s maximum transfer rates using HS488
- RoHS compliance
- High-performance, lower-cost, single-chip GPIB talker/listener ASICs
NI TNT application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) provide single-chip IEEE 488.2 talker/listener interfaces to the GPIB. RoHS-compliant NI TNT ASICs combine the circuitry of the NAT4882 IEEE 488.2 controller ASIC, Turbo488 performance-enhancing ASIC, and GPIB transceivers. They are ideal for use in all IEEE 488 instrument designs because of the compact size of the chips, their surface-mount package, and performance enhancements that include HS488, a high-speed protocol for GPIB transfers. NI offers two distinct TNT ASICs - the TNT4882 and the new TNT5002. Both chips contain identical GPIB cores so you can easily port software written for the TNT4882 to the TNT5002. The difference between the two chips is that the TNT4882 is used for designs incorporating an ISA bus or generic CPU interface whereas the TNT5002 is used for designs that use the PCI bus.