- 4 and 8-slot backplanes for Compact FieldPoint
- Solid metal construction for rugged installations
- DIN-rail and panel mounting
- Local bus for communications and module power
- Secure screw mounting for I/O and control modules
National Instruments offers two backplanes for mounting Compact FieldPoint modules -- the cFP-BP-4 (4 slots) and the cFP-BP-8 (8 slots). Both backplanes, which are constructed of extruded metal with grounding lugs on the side and bottom, feature screw-down connections for a controller module, four or eight I/O modules, and 37 pin D-Sub connectors for I/O connections. The backplanes all came with a cFP-PM-H horizontal mounting bracket, which provides mounting holes on either side of the backplane so you can mount it to a panel. For other mounting options, you can purchase a vertical panel mount, a DIN rail mount, or a 19 in. rack mount separately.