- Customizable baud rates up to 3,000 kbits/s (RS485/RS422) or 1,000 kbits/s (RS232)
- Compatible with Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000, LabVIEW Real-Time
- High-speed DMA interface minimizes CPU overhead
- 2-, 4-, 8-, and 16-port versions; 2- and 4-port versions available with high-voltage isolation
- Asynchronous RS232, RS485, and RS422 serial interfaces
- 128 B transmit and receive FIFOs
National Instruments PXI serial interfaces deliver industry-leading performance for communication with RS232, RS422, and RS485 devices. The RS232 interfaces are 100 percent compatible with standard PC serial ports. NI PXI-843x serial interfaces deliver minimal CPU usage with DMA to the PCI bus. They also offer advanced features such as customizable baud rates up to 3 Mbits/s to within 1 percent accuracy, as well as hyperthreading and multiprocessor compatibility. In addition, you can purchase two- and four-port interfaces with high-voltage isolation. The next-generation NI serial interfaces (PXI-843x) are available for the same price as the legacy serial products.