- GPIB control from Ethernet, USB, RS485, RS422, or RS232 ports
- Complete IEEE 488.2 compatibility
- Existing code written for NI plug-in controllers runs unmodified
- Industry-standard NI-488.2 software reduces development time
- Computer peripheral slots not required
National Instruments has an instrument control solution to meet your application requirements. When you need more computer peripheral slots or an external GPIB control solution, take advantage of the latest technology in your PC. With external NI GPIB controllers, you can use the USB, Ethernet, RS232, RS422, or RS485 ports for GPIB control. Industry-standard NI-488.2 software delivers a full suite of wizards and utilities to help you get up and running quickly. NI-488.2 transparently handles different communication buses, so you can use the same code you implement with plug-in controllers.